Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Low Blood Sugar. It's Not Just For Models Anymore!
















I know, I know, I usually write something funny here, but today I'm going to talk about a serious illness with our small breeds (but still try to throw in a grin or two!).

Little dogs = no survival instinct

When their sugar goes low, they tend just to curl up and sleep rather than look for food.

So if you have a tiny puppy or know someone who is getting one, be on the look out.

A tired puppy might be a sick puppy!

Even a 'good' puppy (you know, one that isn't barking, chewing, biting something he shouldn't) is usually feeling under the weather.

If your puppy isn't driving you absolutely crazy, there might be a problem.

And yes, young puppies tend to play hard then sleep hard, but they need to do the 'play hard' part first!

My strong advice? If you are worried, take the munchkin into the vet and have his sugar checked, then you will know for sure!

I promise something far more light-hearted tomorrow! :-)

Oh, and give your little one a kiss for me and remind them Princess still needs their application to her Evil Chihuahua Empire turned in! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment